The following information provides essential details about Woodcock Cabin and what is included for your stay. We have tried to think of everything but if you have any questions or special requests, please contact us before booking.
This is a luxury, off-grid getaway in the true sense of off-grid! We do not offer hot running water, WiFi, electric fridge, oven or microwave, flushing loo or TV and you’ll need to know how to light a fire!
- The cabin is for a maximum of two adults only.
- Sorry, but we are unable to accept children.
- You must be a minimum of 21 years of age to book.
- Dogs are not permitted.
- We offer two booking options; 3 nights or 4 nights. Please see our availability and rates pages.
- Change over days are strictly Monday and Friday.
- The cabin is quite remote with no immediate neighbours.
- Access is along maintained forestry roads which are easily passable in most vehicles.
- A walk of approximately 120m from the parking area, down an uneven grass track is required.
- The cabin has a hay-loft bed accessed by a sturdy wooden ladder.
- There are steps to the cabin and toilet buildings.
- Due to its location, we strongly recommend that you arrive in daylight hours.
- The cabin is completely off-grid. There is no electricity other than some solar lighting!
- There is a 2 hob, gas camping cooker with grill and a whistling kettle.
- There is no fridge. A large cool box & freezer blocks are provided which is capable of keeping food cool for up to 4 days.
- Heating is solely from the log burner, which warms the cabin quickly. Mornings can be a little chilly during cooler months, just until the log burner has been re-lit. A perfect excuse to stay in bed a little longer.
- There is cold running water to the cabin. Water will require boiling for washing up.
- 8ltrs of drinking water will be provided but please bring more if required.
- Outdoor fire-pit with cooking tripod and plate.
- BBQ - we provide a small amount of charcoal but please bring more with you.
- A small solar panel provides lighting in the cabin. The amount of lighting available varies from season to season so we cannot guarantee constant solar lighting.
- A portable USB power bank.
- Wood-fired hot tub
- Battery operated, portable camping shower.
- We provide a generous amount of wood for log burner and hot tub usage.
- A few baskets of kindling, some natural fire-lighters, matches and lighters are included for your stay.
- Should you need more wood this can be purchased from our log store; Bags of logs £10 (approx. 20 logs), Kindling bags £3, Firelighter bags £2.
- Compost toilet located a few steps from the cabin.
Food and Beverages
- All food and beverage supplies should be brought with you. Shops are some distance away.
- Basic supplies provided include salt, pepper, olive oil, dried herbs, and a selection of tea, coffee, hot chocolate and sugar.
Bed Linen, Towels and Sundries
- Cotton bed sheets and pillowcases.
- Cosy duck down duvet and pillows.
- Thick, Egyptian cotton bath sheets and hand towels.
- Thick towelling dressing gowns can be supplied on request (£10 per person additional service charge).
- Welsh woollen blankets and throws.
- Tea towels.
- Environmentally friendly washing up liquid.
- Eco friendly washing up sponges and cloth
- Luxury Bramley hand sanitizer, hand wash & hand cream (environmentally friendly & vegan approved).
- Eco friendly, bamboo toilet rolls.
- An Anker sound system is provided for your use. This can be connected to a mobile phone or iPad via Bluetooth or aux lead (provided).
- Selection of books and games.
- Art materials; pencils, charcoal, pastels, chalks, watercolour paints, brushes and paper.
- Acoustic guitar for those who wish to enjoy it.
- Miles of footpaths to explore from the door.
- Walking maps.
- Suspended stargazing net
Mobile Phone Signal
- Depending on your network, 3G or 4G may be available.
- Phone reception can be found a short walk away.
- An emergency SOS phone is located at the Hafod Estate Office.
Your Health and Safety
- Emergency first aid kit.
- Fire extinguishers.
- Carbon monoxide and smoke detector.
- Battery operated sensor lights fitted in some locations.
Little Extras & Special Touches
- We are very happy to offer a range of services to make your stay just a little more special or to help ease your packing requirements. Please take a look at our ‘Little Extra’s & Special Touches’ for details, or please get in touch if there is something you would like to arrange. We really enjoy helping to organise a surprise and if you’re looking for inspiration to help find a special gift that’s a little out of the ordinary, we can recommend some exquisite gifts from local or UK based small businesses.
- You will receive comprehensive arrival details two weeks before your arrival date.
- Check in 3pm.
- Check out 10am.
Please ensure you read our terms and conditions and get in touch if you have any questions about staying at Woodcock Cabin, before booking.